Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Burrawong Avenue, Mosman - courage and calmness of a young policewoman

Mr Murdoch praised the courage and calmness of a young policewoman who was first on the scene.
Harbourside cop Karen Lowden speaks out

`When I found her I knew that I needed to be near her,’’ Ms Lowden said.
``She was very calm - she was quite stressed but level headed.
``Police are trained to deal with the unexpected - I did know there was a girl that needed help, my main concern was getting to her.’‘
NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione yesterday praised Ms Lowden’s ``selfless and brave’’ actions, saying she had gone beyond the call of duty to calm and reassure Madeleine.
“Without hesitation, Constable Lowden made a decision to remain with Madeleine to provide continuous comfort and support,’’ Mr Scipione said.

No comments: